|Education Seminar Admission||–||$65.00||$80.00|
|Barber Battle Admission||–||$45.00||$55.00|
|Education Seminar & Barber Battle||–||$90.00||$105.00|
|* Vendor Booth(Foyer)||$325||–||–|
|** Vendor Booth(Ballroom)||$425||–||–|
|*** Kids (12 & Under)||Free||–||–|
The Cost of Vendor Booth is as Follows:
* $325 (For set up outside the room where the actual Barber Battle will take place)
**$425 (For set up inside the room where the actual Barber Battle will take place)
*** Kids 12 & under must be accompanied by an adult
For this event, a few of the biggest names in the Barber Industry have been engaged as Competition Judges
and /or Educational classroom Instructor. They include the following:
EDUCATIONAL SERIES SCHEDULE
|Susan Arocha||9:00am||9:45am||Men’s Shear Cutting Techniques||Hill Country E Room|
|Jordan McCook||10:00am||10:45am||A Barber’s Life Beyond The Chair||Hill Country E Room|
|DaPeople’s Barber||11:00am||11:45am||Barber Business||Hill Country E Room|
|Bonezdagoat||12:00pm||12:45pm||The Value of Self||Hill Country E Room|
The Barber Battle will prove to be like none other offered here in the San Antonio metroplex. Event details are as follow:
- Cash prizes totaling $5,000 ($1,000 to the winner of each Category)
BARBER BATTLE COMPETITION CATEGORIES
Ladies “First” Battle
Traditional (Student Barber)*
Traditional (Licensed Barber)
*Student Barber Enrolled in a State Licensed Barber School (SB))
|Ladies “First” Battle||1:00 pm||1:30 pm||2:30 pm||2:30 pm – 2:45 pm||2:30 pm||2:45 pm|
|Fastest Fade||2:45 pm||3:00 pm||3:15 pm||3:15 pm – 3:30 pm||3:15 pm||3:30 pm|
|Traditional (SB)||3:30 pm||3:45 pm||4:30 pm||4:30 pm – 4:45 pm||4:30 pm||4:45 pm|
|Traditional (Pro)||4:45 pm||5:00 pm||5:30 pm||5:30 pm – 5:45 pm||5:30 pm||5:45 pm|
|Freestyle||6:15 pm||6:30 pm||7:10 pm||7:10 pm – 7:25 pm||7:10 pm||7:25 pm|
|Awards||–||7:15 pm||8:30 pm||–||–|
BARBER BATTLE ELIGIBILITY REQUIRMENTS
Please note, all Barber Battle Competition Categories (with the exception of the Student Barber (SB) category), will be open to LICENSED BARBERS. Proof of Barber Licensure (as issued by your resident state) will be required for competition enrollment.
Additionally, the Traditional Student Barber (SB) category will be eligible only to Barber Students enrolled in a State Licensed Barber College (to include institutions whom offer a state licensed Barber Program). Proof of enrollment from a Licensed Barber College or institution whom offers a state licensed Barber Program will be required for competition enrollment. Proof of enrollment may consist of a Student Permit or letter from a State Licensed Barber College or Institution confirming enrollment as of the date of the Barber Battle (July 9, 2023).
The event stage will be illuminated with overhead track lighting. However, each participant is encouraged to bring their own lighting. Note: Power strips will be made available for each Barber Battle participant.
BARBER BATTLE COMPETITION RULES
On behalf of Alamo City Barber College, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in participating as a competitor in our upcoming Alamo City Barber Expo and Battle dated July 9, 2023. The event will be held at the The Hyatt Resort Hotel, 9800 Hyatt Resort Drive. San Antonio, Texas 78251.
- All Barber Battle Competition Categories (with the exception of the Student Barber (SB) category) will be open to LICENSED BARBERS and/or LICENSED COSMETOLOGISTS.
Proof of current Barber/Cosmetology Licensure (as issued by your resident state) will be required for competition enrollment. You must have your ID Number and State Issued ID/License available for review when acquiring your Competition Package.
Additionally, the Traditional Student Barber Category will be eligible only to Barber/Cosmetology Students enrolled in a State Licensed Barber/Cosmetology School (to include institutions whom offer a state licensed Barber/Cosmetology Program). Proof of enrollment from a Licensed Barber/Cosmetology whom offers a state licensed Barber/Cosmetology Program will be required for competition enrollment. Proof of enrollment may consist of a Student Permit or letter from a State Licensed Barber/Cosmetology Program and must be presented when acquiring your Competition Package.
- Only Licensed Barbers and Cosmetologist are permitted to compete in the following Competition Categories:
- Ladies “First” Battle
- Fastest Fade
- Traditional (Pro)
Again, the Competition Categories listed above are not open to Student Barbers (individuals currently enrolled in a Licensed Barber/Cosmetology School)
- Student Barbers (individuals currently enrolled in a Licensed Barber/Cosmetology School) are ONLY permitted to participate in the Traditional (Student Barber) Category, scheduled to begin at 3:30 pm. Any student barber who has graduated from a licensed Barber/Cosmetology School between the dates of January 9, 2023 and July 9, 2023, but has yet to receive their Barbers License, is eligible to compete in the Traditional (Student Barber) category. Any student barber that has graduated prior to January 9, 2023 will not be eligible to participate in the Traditional (Student Barber) category.
- On the day of the event, all Barber Competitors will need to acquire their respective Competitor packages (to include admission tickets, competition badges, model #’s, chair assignment, etc.) for each category you are participating, from “The Registration Booth”.
- Each Competitor package will contain 1 Barber Battle Admission “Only” ticket for your model (if your model wishes to attend the Education Seminar, he/she will need to purchase a separate ticket). There is no admission ticket required for the Competitor, as the ticket is included with your registration for the competition.
Each competitor is responsible for providing their own model. If you need a model, Alamo City Barber College will do our best to assist you (with no guarantee), as we will have volunteer students, willing to participate as a model. If you need a model, please make your need known to Alamo City Barber College by emailing us at [email protected] or sending us a fax communicating your need at 210.523.7779.
In your email or fax, please include your name, category for which you are participating and contact information (to include email address and current telephone number). After we receive your information; we will confirm receipt. Should you not hear from us, it is your responsibility to follow up with us.
- All Competition Packages must be picked up at “The Registration Booth” by 12:30 pm (they will be available for pick up starting at 9:00 am). If a competitor fails to pick up their competition package prior to 12:30 pm, they will be deemed late and forfeit their competition investment. All competitors should arrive in the competition area (on the right side of the stage) 15 minutes prior to the start of their competition category.
Late pick up or arrival in the competition area, will result in disqualification and a forfeiture of your Competition investment. Under no circumstances will late competitors be permitted in the prep area. That being said, please plan your travels accordingly.
- No prep-work may be done on models before the competition. Competitors are not permitted to cut, trim or shape your models hair before the start of the competition. All cutting, MUST be executed during your respective competition. Semi-permanent color, light color sprays and chalks are allowed unless otherwise noted. Competitors must show a transformation of your models hair. All model’s must have a hair length no less than a # 1 1/2. Judges will inspect all model’s hair during pre-judging or during check in. Violation of this rule will result in the deduction of points and/or disqualification from the competition.
- Competitors and Models 18 and over must sign an official release form at check in time. A competitor’s parents/guardian must be present and sign a release form (at check in time) if under 18 years of age. No refunds or credits of entry fees will be issued.
- All contestants will have a specific time to complete their particular cut and style (please see category event times at www.alamocitybarbercollege.com/barber-battle/). Judging will be conducted on a visual basis only. Judges will use a point system on a scale of one (lowest possible score) to ten (highest possible score). If there is a tie in a category or prize placement, the Judge Chairperson (Mr. Charlie James) will determine the final winner.
- All contestants will be judged on a 100 point grading system. The grading categories and the maximum points allowed for each category are as follows: Sanitation – 10pts, Pre Cut – 5pts, Professionalism – 15pts, Blend – 25 pts, Overall Look – 25 pts, Technique – 10 pts, and Line Work – 10pts.
VENDOR BOOTH INFORMATION
To help promote the Barber Industry and assist in ensuring the success of this Barber Expo and Battle; we are providing Vendors with an opportunity to rent booths for the purpose of selling their industry related products and services to our anticipated 1500+ guests.
Vendor Booth rentals will include the following:
- A mention of your business during the Barber Battle by the MC
- The opportunity to give a 2 minute presentation on your primary merchandise or service offering during the Barber Battle
- One 6 x 6 booth (to include a table) used to sell merchandise or services (you will need to provide your own table cover)
- Free Admission to the Barber Battle for 2 people
The Cost of a vendor Booth is as follows:
- $325 (for set up in the foyer area just outside the room where the Barber Battle will take place)
- $425 (for set up in the room where the actual Barber Battle will take place)
Please note, Vendor Booths will be sold on a fist come first serve basis. Vendors may initiate booth set up beginning at 8:00 am on July 9, 2023. Vendors must have their booth broken down no later than 7:30 pm on July 9, 2023. Limited booths with electricity will be provided, however; you should make your electricity request known when completing your vendor application.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at 210.523.7777 or [email protected].