Enrollment Fees and Requirements
|Tool Kit Cost (to include Smocks, Books, etc.)||$495.00|
|Application Fee (State of Texas)||$25.00|
|Student Registration Fee||$100.00|
|Down Payment(Tool Kit, App. Fee, Reg. Fee, 1st Month Tuition)||$1,125.00|
|Tool kit will be provided within 10 days of enrollment|
At the time of enrollment into the Manicure License Program, be prepared to submit the following
- High School Diploma, GED or Transcript Indicating Graduation Date
- Proof of Age 17 or greater
- State Issued Identification
- Copy of Social Security Card
- 2 Passport photos 2×2 (can be purchased at Walgreen’s, CVS or Alamo City Barber College for $20.00)
- Duration: Approximately 16 weeks, in circumstances whereby graduation from the program extends beyond 16 weeks, the student will be assessed an hourly charge of $3.30 per hour; until the required number of hours to satisfy the course requirements are attained.
- Must complete 600 training hours for a state license
- Must pass a written and practical examination
- School Hours: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm (Tuesday – Saturday) and Closed on Sunday and Monday
Theory Class Times:
|Course Name||Days Offered||Start Time||End Time||Required Hours|
|Manicure Theory||Tuesday-Friday||2:15 PM||3:15 PM||45|
- To offer a barber curriculum consistent with the requirements outlined by the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration, to provide our students with the ability to successfully complete the Class A Barber, Barber Refresher and/or Instructor Examination upon graduating from ACBC.
- To develop relationships with local Barber establishments, for the purpose of facilitating the transition of graduating students to full time barbers.
- To partner with graduates to develop opportunities for college and/or barber shop ownership.