Class A Barber Program
Enrollment Fees and Requirements
|Class A Barber Tuition (to include Drug Test)||$15,755.00
|Tool Kit Cost (to include Smocks, Books, etc.)||$1992.34|
|Application Fee (State of Texas)||$25.00|
|Student Registration Fee||$250.00|
|Down Payment (Drug Test, App Fee, Reg Fee)||$340.00|
At the time of enrollment into the Class A Barber Program, be prepared to submit the following items:
- High School Diploma, GED or Transcript indicating graduation date
- State Issued Identification
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation (from a non-relative)
- 2 Passport photos 2×2 (can be purchased at Walgreen’s or CVS)
- Successfully pass a drug test (at a vendor recommended by Alamo City Barber College)
- Duration: Approximately 11 months, in circumstances whereby graduation from the program extends beyond 11 months (1500/150 hours), the student will be assessed an hourly charge of $15.00 per hour; until the required number of hours to satisfy the Class A Barber Course requirement are attained.
- Must complete 1500 training hours for a state license
- Must take 2 exams for licensing – 1 written exam up on the completion of 1,000 hours and 1 practical exam upon completion of 1500 hours. Exams are issued by the State of Texas
- School Hours: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm (Tuesday – Saturday) and Closed on Sunday and Monday
Theory Class Times:
|Full Time (35 Hrs./Wk)||8:00 A.M.||4:00 P.M.|
|Times||Start Time||End Time|
- To offer a barber curriculum consistent with the requirements outlined by the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration, to provide our students with the ability to successfully complete the Class A Barber, Barber Refresher and/or Instructor Examination upon graduating from ACBC.
- To develop relationships with local Barber establishments, for the purpose of facilitating the transition of graduating students to full time barbers.
- To partner with graduates to develop opportunities for college and/or barber shop ownership.