Cosmetology Operator to Class A Barber Program
Enrollment Fees and Requirements
|Cosmetology Operator To Class A Barber Tuition||$2,155.00|
|Tool Kit Cost (to include Smocks, Books)||$1092.72|
|Application Fee (State of Texas)||$25.00|
|Student Registration Fee||$250.00|
|Down Payment (Tool Kit, App. Fee, Reg. Fee, 1st Month Tuition)||$2122.72|
|Tool kit will be provided within 10 days of enrollment|
At the time of enrollment into the Cosmetology Operator to Class A Barber Program, be prepared to
submit the following items:
- High School Diploma, GED or Transcript Indicating Graduation Date
- Proof of Age 17 or Greater
- State Issued Identification
- Copy of Social Security Card
- 2 Passport photos 2×2 (can be purchased at Walgreen’s or CVS)
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation (from a non-relative)
- Duration: 3 months at 25 hours per week. In circumstances whereby a student is enrolled beyond 2 months, the student will be assessed an hourly charge of $15.00 per hour; until the required number of hours to satisfy the course requirements are attained
- To participate in this program, you must be a licensed Cosmetologist
- Must complete 300 training hours for a state license
- Must pass a written and practical examination
- School Hours: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm (Tuesday – Saturday) and Closed on Sunday and Monday
- The Monthly Payment plan of $700 represents a payment over a 3 month period, as most Cosmetologists enrolled in the program will be attending part time.
Theory Class Times:
|Days Offered||Start Time||End Time|
|Tuesday - Saturday||8:00 PM||3:00 PM|
- To offer a barber curriculum consistent with the requirements outlined by the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration, to provide our students with the ability to successfully complete the Class A Barber, Barber Refresher and/or Instructor Examination upon graduating from ACBC.
- To develop relationships with local Barber establishments, for the purpose of facilitating the transition of graduating students to full time barbers.
- To partner with graduates to develop opportunities for college and/or barber shop ownership.