Barber Instructor 750 Hour Curriculum
Enrollment Fees and Requirements
|Instructor Program Tuition (750 hours)
|Tool Kit Cost (to include Tax, Smocks, Books, etc.)
|Application Fee (State of Texas)
|Student Registration Fee (Non Refundable Deposit)
|Tool kit will be provided within 10 days of enrollment
At the time of enrollment into the Instructor Program, be prepared to submit the following items:
- High School Diploma, GED or Transcript Indicating Graduation Date
- Proof of Age 17 or Greater
- State Issued Identification
- Copy of Social Security Card 2 Passport photos 2×2 (can be purchased at Walgreen’s or CVS)
- Successfully pass a drug test (at a vendor recommended by Alamo City Barber College) at a cost of $55.
- A current license in the Specialty for which the Instructor Certificate is sought.
Theory Class Times
|Barber Instructor Program
- Duration: Approximately 6 months. In circumstances whereby a student is absent more than 75 hours, the student will be assessed an hourly charge of $15.00 per hour until the required number of hours to satisfy the course requirements are attained
- Must complete 750 training hours for a state license
- Must pass a written and practical examination
- School Hours: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm (Tuesday – Saturday) and Closed on Sunday and Monday
- To offer a barber curriculum consistent with the requirements outlined by the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration, to provide our students with the ability to successfully complete the Class A Barber, Barber Refresher and/or Instructor Examination upon graduating from ACBC.
- To develop relationships with local Barber establishments, for the purpose of facilitating the transition of graduating students to full time barbers.
- To partner with graduates to develop opportunities for college and/or barber shop ownership.